Our Adoption Process
Before you contact us, please ensure you have done your homework by reading all the information on our website (including the Terms and conditions for Adopters and some of our Adoption Stories). Please have a look at the dogs we have available, check your garden is dog-secure and ensure you have discussed and agreed you are all ready as a family.
1. If you are confident you are ready to adopt a rescue, the first step is to complete this Pre-Adoption Questionnaire.
2. Once we have your information, a member of our team will contact you to discuss whether your family might be a good match for the dog you have requested. We consider things like whether the dog needs a quiet or active home, can be with children and whether then can be "only dogs" or need a fur sibling for company. If the dog is already in foster here in the UK, then we can sometimes arrange for you to meet the dog. We receive 100s of applications for some dogs, so please don't be disheartened if you are not contacted, just keep an eye on the page for new arrivals and message us to register your interest.
3. If all is good, we will then place the dog on reserve. At point of reservation we will require a £75 deposit. Deposits are non-refundable unless the reserve is cancelled by us. Once a dog is reserved, we will stop promoting it and will no longer accept any enquiries.
4. We will visit you for a brief home check or request that you send us a video of your property, garden and boundaries. We will be checking the following:
We need to meet all members of the family to ensure they are all on board with the adoption.
Please ensure your garden is fully secure.
You have read our Terms and conditions for Adopters which will give an idea what to expect.
We will also need two forms of ID one of which must be photographic showing your address (i.e. driving licence, utility bill).
We may need a reference from your vet.
If you live in rented accommodation, you will be asked to provide written permission from your landlord or housing authority, confirming that they are happy for you to keep a dog in the property. If you already have a dog/s the permission must state the number of dogs allowed in your property.
5. We will send you the adoption contract to sign. We also require the remainder of the adoption fee to be paid. Once we have received both payment and a signed contract you are free to make arrangements to collect your new 4 legged companion from their foster.
We have a minimum £400 adoption fee in place however the adoption fee charged per dog will vary as it is dependent on transport and travel preparation costs for the country of origin. If you are able to donate any more, this really helps us as some of our dogs require vet treatment prior to travel and on occasion on arrival. The actual cost to bring these dogs to the UK covers:
Transport to mainland UK (Scotland may have additional charge for transport)
Vaccinations (including rabies jab)
Spaying or neutering (but only if the dog is old enough prior to travel otherwise this will be at your own cost)
Any health checks and veterinary care for the dog prior to adoption
Full rescue back up*
*Please note that our adoption fee is non-refundable in the unlikely event that you decide you wish to return the dog to us.
Please complete the questionnaire before contacting us.
This document will help you know what to expect when adopting a dog from abroad.
Please note we are a very small volunteer team who juggle rescue around our busy lives. We try to respond to every message but please be patient with us 😊
Email us: email@example.com
Donate via PayPal: to firstname.lastname@example.org