Our Adoption Process
Before you contact us, please ensure you have done your homework by reading all the information on our website (including the Frequently Asked Questions and some of our Adoption Stories). Please have a look at the dogs we have available, check your garden is dog-secure and ensure you have discussed and agreed you are all ready as a family.
1. If you are confident you are ready to adopt a rescue, the first step is to complete this Pre-Adoption Questionnaire.
2. Once we have your information, a member of our team will contact you to discuss whether your family might be a good match for one of our dogs. We consider things like whether the dogs need quiet or active homes, can be with children and whether then can be "only dogs" or need a fur sibling for company. If the dog is already in foster here in the UK, then we can sometimes arrange for you to meet the dog.
3. If all is good, we will then place the dog on reserve. At point of reservation we will require a £75 deposit. Deposits are non-refundable unless the reserve is cancelled by us. Once a dog is reserved, we will stop promoting it and will no longer accept any enquiries.
4. We will visit you for a brief home check. We will be checking the following:
We need to meet all members of the family to ensure they are all on board with the adoption.
Please ensure your garden is fully secure.
You have read our Frequently Asked Questions for Newly Adopted Dogs which will give an idea what to expect.
We will also need two forms of ID one of which must be photographic showing your address (i.e. driving licence, utility bill).
We may need a reference from your vet.
If you live in rented accommodation, you will be asked to provide written permission from your landlord or housing authority, confirming that they are happy for you to keep a dog in the property. If you already have a dog/s the permission must state the number of dogs allowed in your property.
5. We will send you the adoption contract to sign. We also require the remainder of the £300 adoption fee to be paid. We will then discuss dates you can take your new addition, arrange transport if the dog is not already in the UK and get everything booked and confirmed!
The £300 adoption fee we have in place is our MINIMUM fee. If you are able to donate more this really helps us as the actual cost to bring these dogs to the UK is usually more than this as it covers:
Transport to mainland UK (Scotland may have additional charge for transport)
Vaccinations (including rabies jab)
Micro-chip (there is an additional £10 charge for us to re-register you as the owner)
Spaying or neutering (but only if the dog is old enough prior to travel otherwise this will be at your own cost)
Any health checks and veterinary care for the dog prior to adoption
Full rescue back up*
*Please note that our adoption fee is non-refundable in the unlikely event that you decide you wish to return the dog to us.
Please complete the questionnaire before contacting us.
This document will help you know what to expect when adopting a dog from abroad.
Please note we are a very small volunteer team who juggle rescue around our busy lives. We try to respond to every message but please be patient with us 😊
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate via PayPal: to email@example.com